Early Childhood Development
Reports to Pre-K Instructors
COPO is seeking an Early Childhood Development Intern responsible for assisting and supporting the Pre-K classroom team through their daily schedules and routines while interacting with the children to ensure their continued development of educational, social, gross and fine motor skills.
• Assist with prep work, cleaning, child care responsibilities, educational and supervision activities
• Assist with supervision and maintaining safety
• Models appropriate speech and language skills
• May assist Teacher in planning and implementing activities that promote the social, physical and intellectual growth of the children.
• Interns would work under the supervision of the lead and assistant teachers.
- Complete three month internship with a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be actively enrolled in a University/College based educational program
- Must be willing to complete Department of Education screening process
- Childcare experience a plus
- Bilingual ability a plus