COPO is seeking a Youth Empowerment Intern to assist our Youth Empowerment Program Coordinator with facilitating and conducting outreach for our Summer and After-School Youth Programs. The intern would assist with preparing and distributing outreach materials, registering program participants, leading academic and skill-building activities, setting up and breaking down the classroom, and chaperoning youth on field trips and events.
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of all after school program participants
- Ensure students’ academic growth through homework help and activities
- Ensure students’ personal growth through enrichment activities
- Be a positive role model for youth
- Prepare and distribute outreach materials
- Lead activities: icebreakers, science demonstrations and experiments, sports, arts and crafts, leadership etc.
- Classroom preparation and cleanup
- Chaperone at youth field trips and events
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be in high school or older
- Positive role model for youth
- Work well in a diverse setting
- Bilingual preferred but not required