Senior Services Intern
Reports to Senior Center Director Hasan Raza
The Senior Services Intern is responsible for assisting and supporting the Senior Center staff with the daily schedule while interacting with the seniors during meals, exercise, and other activities.
- Working under the direction of the Senior Social Worker and Social Worker interns
- Communicating with insurance companies on behalf of clients to ensure proper authorization for senior center activities
- Assisting with food order, preparation and distribution.
- Assisting seniors during exercise and games activities
- Engaging with seniors in conversations to stimulate their mental fitness
- May assist Social Worker in planning and implementing activities that promote the social, physical and intellectual fitness in the seniors
- Complete three month internship with a minimum of 15 hours a week
- At least 18 years of age
- Preferably enrolled in a University/College based social services program
- Comfortable interacting with the elderly
- Bilingual ability (Urdu/English) necessary